During quarantine, many folks are navigating the challenges of working from home and trying to stay productive. For me, a structured morning certainly sets the tone for the rest of my day. Having a daily routine is a great way to not only boost your mental health but allow you to focus throughout your day. Many successful business leaders talk about their “morning routine” mantra and why it’s so important. There are some very easy steps to set yourself up for a healthy morning routine that will keep you focused and productive throughout the day.
Getting into a daily rhythm in the morning is an easy way to ensure you’ll have a successful day! Here are a couple tips that will help you have a successful morning:
1. Plan your morning the night before. Planning out what you need to accomplish the next morning, including a timeline, is an excellent way to take the stress off when you wake up. It will also allow you to have more time to pace yourself instead of rushing through your morning. I try to knock out several things off my list in the morning and then leave my afternoon to return calls, emails and daily tasks.
2. Go to bed early, so you can wake up early. This one seems to a no brainer. Getting a good night of rest gives you energy and enthusiasm in the morning. Waking up early can also improve your mood and how you are feeling physically.
3. Start your morning with some light stretching or yoga. Experts say that stretching right when you get out of bed can give you more energy throughout the rest of your day. It’s also a great way to get your blood moving. There are millions of yoga tutorials on the internet that will make this an easy and attainable way to stay your day!
4. Make your bed as soon as you wake up. While this may seem trivial, it’s actually a great way to start your day. Making your bed is a great habit to get into, and it could even inspire you to choose more healthy habits throughout your day. It can also lead to a more productive mindset that will help you with your daily activities.
5. Take your time getting ready. You woke up early, and now you have time to better prepare yourself for the day. Should you choose, you can take a longer shower, go through your entire skin care routine or try on a few outfit options.
Mornings are important and I hope these 5 suggestions will not only set you up for a successful morning, but a productive day! Remember to create your own routine and try to stick to it.
Well, that’s all I have for now.